The Ohio Valley Ski Council has an annual summit held the first or second weekend in June. What makes the OVSC different from other councils is that we rotate the location to a different host club each year. This gets each club involved in hosting the 3-day event. The summit is the place where all 16 clubs can come and get together and share ideas from their home club and also learn things from the other clubs. We also take care of the council business like elections, ski trip selection and anything else that needs to have member input.
This year’s summit will be held in Dayton, Ohio, June 15 – 17, 2018. We are using the Crowne Plaza Downtown. (1-937-224-0800 or 1-800 689-5586; ask for the OVSC rate).
* We start the weekend off with a welcome mixer from 5:30 to 7:30 with appetizers and drinks included in the weekend member price.
* Then off to a local activity like a minor league baseball game, dinner and drinks at a local bar or restruant or something else that the host club plans.
* Also during the day on Friday we have a golf outing for anyone to join.
* Starting on Saturday morning we have a bike ride for both short and long rides.
* Then an option for some other activity like a beer tasting/lunch, walk downtown or a trip to the Wright Brother’s house.
* Saturday afternoon will be the 3 educational seminars leading into the vendor show from 3:30 to 5:30pm. The vendor show is where all the club officers and member meet with the ski resort areas, travel agents and more to fine tune the next years club ski trips and to get information the this year’s OVSC ski trips.
* After a social hour we go into dinner and a party.
Last year we were hosted by the Louisville Ski Club and had a great time. This year in Dayton you can party the night away in the historical Oregon District with it’s many bars with live music for dancing.
On Sunday after breakfast, the OVSC Board and officers conduct their business and the weekend is complete.
The variety offered is very different and what makes the weekend a hit with the members and the vendors. All member clubs can sign up on the OVSC web site at WWW.OVSC.org and click on the summit link. Click here for the OVSC Summit Link.
To participate or information call or contact Dan Hapner at 937-454-0560 or email@example.com.